Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Do you believe mixed bathing is a sin? Like at the beach or swimming pool.?

Apply conviction, conscience, and consideration to your opinion.Do you believe mixed bathing is a sin? Like at the beach or swimming pool.?
It is okay to have males and females swim together as long as the swim suits are modest. Don't rely on your corner store to provide a modest enough bathing suit; I have to send away for mine.Do you believe mixed bathing is a sin? Like at the beach or swimming pool.?
Thank you, daisymae!

Report Abuse



I don't think there's any harm in it. All you're doing is swimming.
I quit going swimming at public pools when I was 14 because of the comments the boys made. I feel better at a small family pool with shorts over my swim suit to cover more!
Not necessarily,however it could be giving place to temptation depending on the strength and convictions of those participating or,at the very least allowing for a spirit of lust at the level of the mind....I think that some can and some can not. For me personally....Well I am a Christian but....very much a male.(typical pig) no not really at all...just a male.





So,anyhow,you up for a quick swim? We have a lot of water here in Florida.





EDIT I am not swimming with ';Uncle Al';....he is making be very afraid.
If your 2 years old it's OK. If your 16, probably a sin.


If your talking about swimming, no it is not a sin.
Everything is sinful. Everything and its opposite are sinful. Sex is Original Sin - have as many babies as possible. Killing a fellow human being is a sin - Onward Christian soldiers.





Dominus et magister noster Iesus Christus dicendo ';Poenitentiam agite adpropinquavit enim regnum caelorum'; omnem vitam fidelium penitentiam esse voluit. BE SMALL BEFORE YOUR GOD OR HE WILL CRUSH YOU SMALLER. Penitence! Penitence! Penitence!





Yahweh is singularly disinterested in humanity other than to inflict suffering. In the whole of human history across the entire planet not one deity has volunteered Novocain. It is a telling omission.
I have heard the idea swimming together is right next door to sex. In a way I agree. But also, it is up to people to behave themselves. I must say I have been in many a naughty situation that involved a swimming pool, lake, river or ocean. So if you think hi-jinks are a sin...well...
well, not to be mean, but that's retarded.
Are you coo coo, or just being satirical.
I swim nude with both sexes and all ages, and it's absolutely fine. Why shouldn't it be?
The Bible speaks a good deal about public modesty. Jesus also reminds us that even looking at a women with lust in our heart is sinful. Today's typically mixed bathing (beach, swimming pool) is clearly unwise, because it utilizes immodest dress, and therefore it will no doubt lead to sins of lust.





However there are those that provide modest swimwear on the web (Google: modest swimwear)
Sin is an outdated concept. I don't schedule my hygene around what some ancient zealots wrote.
good lord...





why don't you prudish Christan's just make sex a friggin sin, immoral, and evil. then maybe the religion will finally die off...
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to swim with anyone who did believe such a thing. The ';sin'; here is in the eye of the beholder, don't you think?


Let me clarify. Not long ago, it was commonly believed and accepted that a girl who wore shorts or short skirts and got raped was ';asking for it';...as if the crime were hers, and not the man who raped her. Now, you and I both know that such thinking is ridiculous. I don't care if the guy sees her naked, if he rapes her, it is his crime, NOT hers.


No, I don't believe mixed bathing is a sin. Nor do I think we ought to have to wear those ridiculous bathing suits. They tend to be restrictive in the water.


I love to swim. I go swimming, at the lake, or at the YMCA, or at the river, because I love to swim. I don't go to see the guys in their swim suits, nor do I go to flaunt my aging body in a swim suit. I go, because I love to swim, and it is the very best exercise I know of.


I hope this helps....
Why would it be?
Um...no? What in the world is wrong with swimming together? Are you still stuck in the century where showing a calf was scandalous?
I don't think there's anything especially ';sinful'; about swimming together, and modesty in swim wear seems a little silly.





While there might be some restrictions in the Bible concerning how to dress and present yourself, it seems to be a minor part of the faith.





I do a lot of paddling on rivers and lakes, not so much swimming, but I have seen a lot of people swimming and playing in the water.





And I have learned that ';Topless is for the lake, Naked is for the river.';
No. Our God given nature is a Gift, not a path to sin.
Nowhere in scripture does it say mixed bathing is a sin.
no
no.. maybe some people would find it offending if people reveal too much of their bodies.. but that's just natural.





There are certain places in the world where male and female are separated at a swimming location for that reason.





In other places it's sort of promoted to have mixed bathing, because it's another form of social contact/recreational activity where everybody can participate.
Did you really just ask this question?
no. How does it hurt anyone? Every culture is different and there are cultural norms everywhere and in the US it is acceptable practice. If there are some areas of the globe where it is not the norm, it may be taboo, but how could it be a sin?
I dont like when I have to share it with sharks and jelly fish ...


other than that I am fine

No comments:

Post a Comment