Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why we see children happily playing nude at the beach, why are we so quick to shove bathing suits on them and-

rush them into lives of restriction, false shame, repressed lives? Must Americans suffer forever because the country was founded by religious bigots who fled from saner countries?Why we see children happily playing nude at the beach, why are we so quick to shove bathing suits on them and-
I don't know whether the countries they fled from were saner, but it's true that Americans have a disturbing prudery about naked bodies. I do wish more people would raise their children without body shame. You can certainly teach a child where nudity is/isn't appropriate (i.e., taking off your clothes on the school playground isn't appropriate) without teaching them that there is something dirty about the human body.





I turned on a movie on cable television recently on a weekend afternoon that quite unabashedly showed a man's arm getting blown off in gruesome detail, but you can be sure had there been any nude scenes in the movie, those would have been trimmed out. I would rather my child see a nude body 100 times over than see body parts getting blown off.Why we see children happily playing nude at the beach, why are we so quick to shove bathing suits on them and-
I do not feel restricted by clothing.
My need to cover up my kids does not stem from prudery. Our whole family struts around nude in the privacy of our home. My concern is the pedophiles who may be watching or taking pictures of my kids and doing god knows what with the pictures. Paranoia? Maybe. But I would not take the chance.
Why are you anti-clothing??
the reason?





those of us with sane minds see them as nothing more than children playing innocently..





those with sick minds see then as sexual objects trying to be enticing





so we tell them to wear bating suits to keep them innocent.





it has nothing to do with religious bigotry.





and you asking this...makes me wonder.





are you perhaps one of those individuals with the sick mind?


it is rather disturbing that you would ask this.
Oh give it up. If you want to go to a nude beach - go to one.
What Tracey said is just so true.. What do you think would have more of a negative affect on a child-seeing someone's head blown off or seeing two people having sex?

No comments:

Post a Comment