Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Urgent bathing suit and beach problem !!!?

well its 10:30 on spring break


and its 93 degrees !


everyone whos anyone is going to the beach today


and i was meeting up with two friends there


BUT im arriving with my dad and sister





my two friends MAY be going a couple hrs later than i am


so that means id be all alone with my sister and dad on the beach with a BUNCH of kids i know from school !!!!!





EMBARASSING





so thats one problem. the other is :





i have like a big big bust


and im reeeallllyyyyy thin. i have this bathing suit


and i guess it fits okay


but im just really uncomfortable about y body right now....


so i dont want people from school seeing me like that !!!





another :::


i dont take off my glasses


like everrr


they're like a part of me


and if i go swimming


then i'll have to take them off


for all the people in my school to see





EMBARASSING times three !!!!








i know this doesnt really sound like the biggest problem


but rightt now


to me


it is








PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Urgent bathing suit and beach problem !!!?
First off, if you really think your family is embarrassing, just chill with your class until your friends get there. It's no biggie. I wear glasses too, but obviously can't wear them to the beach.


Here's the secret on all this- confidence, and the attitude that you don't care what they think about it. You might actually care, but to let everyone around you know you're insecure is a green light to make themselves feel better about their insecurities.


Family's here? Whatever everyone likes to come to the beach who cares? Their decision, not mine.


Glasses? Well if I wear them they'll probably get knocked into the water. What's the point in losing them?





Generally if you don't care, nobody will.





And I can relate on the bathing suit issue, so here's a few tips.


First off, it's a HUGE issue to not have something you're comfortable in wearing to the beach.


For the day, throw a tank top over it. Being very busty and thin, I did this for years. It's an annoying temporary last-minute solution that only covers things up and doesn't really solve anything. It detracts the amount of attention towards them though.





About bathing suits, since you said you're busty but quite thin- go get professionally fitted at a specialty store. (For reference, I was wearing a 36dd from the time I was 12 years old without realizing it was impossible for me to be a 36ANYTHING at 5'4 and 95lbs. I was fitted at a 28h(us size).)


Also if you're uncomfortable with someone else fitting you, try this:


Take a measuring tape and measure around your ribcage, underneath of the breasts and as far up under them as you can be but not pushing them. If it's an even number, keep it as is. If it's odd, just round it up to the next even number unless you're REALLY close to the smaller one. Take this number down as your band size. (Mine is 26.5inches, but since that very rarely exists I was bumped up to a 28 which fits perfectly. There's room for variation.)


Now measure the fullest part of your bust, mark down this measurement. Take that and subtract the band size from it. (Mine is 36, so 36-28= 8inches difference).


Look here: http://www.figleaves.com/us/fitting_room鈥?/a>


Scroll down to cup sizes. Take AA as 0in, A as 1in. And so on. (I'm 8in which has me sitting at H or FF depending on the region. This puts me at a 28H/FF which happens to fit me perfectly)





Once you have your band size, and your cup size, look online for bra-size swimwear using your UK size, because this is what most sites will use. Try one- and don't be intimidated if you come out with something bigger than a DD. If you don't know how bra sizes work- see (http://www.figleaves.com/us/fitting_room鈥?/a>


This is by no means the be-all-end-all, but it will give you a very good idea of where you're sitting. Don't forget there's a lot of variance in bras and swimsuits beyond D cups, so experiment with sister sizes!





Trust me, I was embarrassed for YEARS over my bust because it felt big and heavy and like I would always pop out and too-small tops would always emphasize this! Not to mention the lack of band support meant major shoulder and neck pain which gave me killer migraines.


Well either way, a well-fitting top is incredible. It doesn't emphasize, just accentuates which looks a thousand times better! And when you can run around and swim without worry and it's COMFORTABLE.


It does wonders for your confidence to just be able to walk normally down the beach!





Good luck. %26lt;3Urgent bathing suit and beach problem !!!?
ignore them and enjoy yourself.


simple as that, my friend.
  • eye creams
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment