Thursday, March 11, 2010

What exactly are women self conscious of when they put on a bathing suit (especially, at the beach)?

It seems to me that many women have this dread or fear of going to the beach or just being in a bathing suit in general. Fine, I understand that they may have a fear or dread of being in a bathing suit but of what?





What exactly is it about being in a bathing suit that women (not all, just quite a few) that brings dread, stress, nervousness into the whole equation?





Now, I can speculate that it probably has something to do with low self esteem and that they’re trying to avoid a horrible situation where everyone either stares at her, points and laughs at her, or simply ignore her (because she think she looks like a train wreck) ---- whether any of that is true or not.





But speculation isn’t as good, as hearing it from qualified people





So that’s why I’m asking you instead – what exactly is it about being in a bathing suit (at the beach especially) that causes fear, dread, stress etc?





And what’s going through their minds when this is actually happening… like…. “omg, I am too fat for this….I won’t look good in this…” – that sorta thing (if it can be answered)





Thanks in advance


What exactly are women self conscious of when they put on a bathing suit (especially, at the beach)?
';Oh my, that girl is so skinny. I'm not as skinny as her. Now I won't look good.';





Replace ';skinny'; with another adjective and it'll still work out.What exactly are women self conscious of when they put on a bathing suit (especially, at the beach)?
easy, i'm a pretty confident person in normal clothes, but you would never get me to go to the beach for the simple fact that when i'm wearing normal clothes i can hide anything that i don't like. in a bathing suit (i'm so used to calling them togs!) you can't hide much, unless you want to look like an idiot with a sun shirt and a sarong or shorts... i know for alot of my friends its the same
Because you're showing parts of yourself that usually don't get shown so it feels different and awkward for some girls I guess. Probably like a goth having to dress preppy for a day, just feeling out of place. Worrying about a roll on the stomach, cellulite on the butt/thighs...stuff that normally you don't have to worry about.





I guess. I personally love wearing bikinis though. Haha if I could I would wear them everywhere :P
well i just know that my body isnt considered hot. it just makes me jealous of the girls that guys are drooling over and me feel like im not good enough. i mean i have really small boobs which look bad in most bikini tops and on top of that i think my waist isnt narrow enough and my stomach not flat enough. my @ss isnt big enough either. theres are my personal concerns about wearing a bikini.
well im bot sure what its like for other people but for me i suppse its because i am always comparing myself to other people (but its balanced out, sometimes im proud of how i look) and yeah you think everyones looking at you, but often there just to busy worrying about themselves.





basically what you said above.





and also there is no clothing to easily disguise your not so good features. idno. its a bit like being naked. haha









there are a number of reason


1. embarrassed cos it shows so much


2. they think they are too fat


3.or too thin


4. embarrassed about cellulite


5. if they didnt shave their legs


6. they feel naked


7. being paranoid somethings gonna pop out


and so on... hope this helps
Jelly rolls, sitting in a one suit while the girl next to you is stunning in a Slutty bikini.





Yeah..........
Everything, a bikini exposes all of the girls vulnerable spots and insecurities. Even if her tummy isnt that big, we imagine its 10x more bigger exposed, and no one wants the stomach or mid section to hang over the bottoms of the suit! Its just exposing so much and thats enough to make almost any girl squeemish an insecure, even if we look great. Im pregnant this summer and i feel soooo much more comfortable in a bathing suit now, lol maybe its because i know im suppose to have a big belly and swollen ankles! lol
Isn't it obvious!? Have you spent no time at all with any women!?


Women get stressed about wearing very few clothes (eg a bathing suit) in a public place, like a beach, because ALL women are self concious about one or more areas of their body, they feel inferior to people who they think look better to them, they want to look good infront of people, whether they know them or not. Women have an enormous pressure to look good and have a body like a model and wearing a bikini at the beach is the worst because there's nothing to hide behind. I'ts very brutal really!


Personally my hang ups are: Having a bit of a belly, boobs too big and I'm VERY pale.
Haha, there are a lot of things I dread, but thats mainly because I do not have much self confidence in the way I look. Growing up, being told by many people that my sisters were prettier than me does not help that. Still today, I have guys saying that my younger sister is so much ';hotter'; and I am. My lack of self confidence stems from guys. I don't like the way my body looks, and that's that. I am 5 foot 6 inches, 160 pounds, and have some good muscle from sports, but that doesn't make the past ridicule go away. So for me, what's going through my mind is past ridicule. Makes it very hard to feel like I look good in anything, no matter what anyone says.

No comments:

Post a Comment